Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Troubling Tiles

It's on going....tiles just seem to pop up at random....even with the best adhesives we can lay hands on and with tiles and floor both thoroughly primed!  Nightmare!

It all started off ok yesterday 

Looking good

Then, see clearly here one tile just lifts immediately...the one next door stuck fast...????

This tile had to be lifted....at this point I left, couldn't take any more stress...especially with kids in tow!


I love these tiles so much....thought I'd paid my dues with the window saga...don't think I can take much more stress...
PLEASE JUST STICK!

my beautiful kitchen is due to be fitted in a week....oh the pressure is mounting

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the light is flooding into that room, love it! Dont worry about the tiles, it's the tilers job to sort that, that's what he's paid for :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so weird, you know I've just watched the film paranormal activity and i can't help thinking ...... ( she says stroking her beard to the theme tune of the twilight zone ....)

    i can't think why that could be and can't think of a solution , you room looks really beautiful , an amazing wall of light there .....hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to call for help from those wonderful religious medals you gathered for the builder to set in the foundations and maybe even that little Child of Prague again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jaboopee, don't get me started with that..at the moment there is no other explanation!

    Juneb (alias mam!) you are right...those floors should be well blessed with all the holy medals and relics underneath! Wonder if you're only safe from the dark forces in the rooms directly above where they're buried?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place will definitely looks great after fixing that tile problem. Is that ceramic tiles or stone tiles? I guess you just need expert tilers to fix your tile troubles.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!